08 November 2016

no matter what happens

here's what I will always have:

the memory of walking into a small suburban church on a buttery sunny tuesday afternoon. the memory of casting my vote against donald trump. friends, it felt so good. so good I wanted to do it twice. so good I wanted to cry. first time in weeks, maybe months, it felt like I had any power at all.

so, no matter what happens, I will always have this. the most hateful man to ever run for president will never, ever be able to take this away from me. no matter what.

this is the power of the vote, win or lose. 

p.s. for the record, I'm hoping we'll make history tonight. I'm hoping we'll elect our first female president. I'm hoping for a lot of things. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. We all wanted this too. What a sad day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, friend. on behalf of horrified and heartbroken americans everywhere, I want to apologize to the rest of the world. I feel we failed them. xo

      Delete
  2. Dear Andrea,

    I first found your blog back when I was a quirky 17 years-old girl. I remember falling in love with your words, your lists and the glimpses of your family life you share here. Back then I wished I could grow up to have a spirt as free as yours, to believe I could be loved and to embrace all aspects of life with an open heart.
    It's been 11 years since then and I just realized I've never thanked you for this blog. Whatever reasons you have to document your existence here, know that it has given me hope and courage to fulfill those wishes I've made as a teen.
    Every year that passes me by I am more myself than ever before and with that I've got to know the most wonderful and kind people I could only dream of. I love and I am loved.
    All of that because of hope.
    So, thank you.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for your light.

    Am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear am,

      your words made me cry. incredibly honored to have been a spot of light over the years and will always, always treasure your words. forever thankful you took the time to share this with me today. it means more to me than you'll ever know.

      thank you.

      xoxoxo

      Delete