06 July 2007

photobooth friday



the little camera inside the photobooth? it loves my mother, adores her. every single photobooth frame I have of her is luminous. this is what I love most about photobooths: they capture people in a way no other camera can.

here, I am loving: the side-turned pose and that lovely brown shoulder, the crisp white blouse (which I like to think is tied at the waist), the terrifically short (albeit slightly crooked) bangs and holy smokes, that smile-- impossibly fresh-faced and full of promise, mi madre. other words that come to mind: giggly. sparkly.

I used to be giggly and sparkly once. I miss it.


other photobooth friday peoples:

poetmama
scrumdillydilly (and last week)
acumamakiki (and last week)
jördis
matt (and last week)
woofnanny (and last week)
nessie noodle
lovegreendog
gwen
jennifer*clare
the lulu bird
jibby
daniel minnick

(daniel minnick! I lovelovelove his work and am over the moon to see him posting to the photobooth friday flickr group. more on him later.)

7 comments:

  1. hello hulaseventy :) youve got great photos, the colours are really rich. dont mind me asking, what type of camera are you using?

    -sarah from new york, a bloghopper.

    oh and nice family you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woof nanny, I linked to it-- click on the word 'last' (the word 'week' links to you your wonderful photos of all those fair booths)... it was the only way I could think of doing it without going into too much detail. :) great submissions this week, by the way! such a great story behind them!

    sarah from new york, thank you so much for the kind words! right now, I'm working with a little point and shoot-- a canon powershot A610. very trusty little camera and I highly recommend it (if you can't get your hands on a DSLR)... it's extremely portable and has a great macro lens effect (plus lots of other great features). hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrea i am directing my comment to ward: she hasnt really lost her giggles and sparkles has she???

    ps. andrea your mom is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have THE best photobooth pics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hannah, I don't know what Andrea's talking about -- she's as giggly and sparkly as ever. That's why I married her -- that and her money. Well, two out of three ain't bad. Seriously, she's a brilliant light in my life. I can't imagine my life without her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm always so so amazed that you have MORE beautiful photobooth pictures to show us! i wonder if she ever suspected this fun that we would all have stemmed from her photos? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, perfectly lovely. I don't know that I've ever been giggly OR sparkly (well, maybe giggly a few times), but I like to think it's part of my lambent charm.

    ReplyDelete